Upgrade broke 1Password

Options

Hi, I recently downloaded an update wen prompted by Agilebits. The update broke the program, insofar as it no longer drops the login info into the fields, instead telling me I have to download the latest extension, etc. It would then launch the full app, requiring me to scroll to the correct login and manually copy & paste into the required fields.

At least it did, until I just now downloaded the extension from website and now the Safari button for 1Pswd has disappeared, along with the extension itself, as it doesn't show in the Safari prefs. Frustrating.

I'm running version 3.8.22 on Safari 8.0.8., OS 10.10.5

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: don't know
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Benzopf
    Benzopf
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like the reason this isn't working is that I have Ver. 3 and the extension is version 4. Problem is, I downloaded the new extension on a random prompt from Agilebits. Had I know it was going to break the program- or that it would force me to buy an upgrade- I would not have innocently dowloaded this thing. So how can I get back to extension version 3?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Benzopf,

You can download the 1Password 3 extension from our extension download page. It’s important to note though that if you’re using OS X 10.10, you might see a few incompatibilities with 1Password 3. Please read this post for more details, and let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.