My 1Password

Rayjack
Rayjack
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for so long now (I love it!) on my iPad, android smartphone and Windows 10 pc that I can't remember what I've got! I'm confused by all this talk of subscriptions etc. Do I need to change or do anything to stay in the game?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

You certainly don't NEED to change, but you may WANT to, once you have looked at the options.

The subscription option is excellent for an individual newcomer (it involves less setting up) and probably if you have another family member. For one person who has already set things up it's not so clear. But once you subscribe there will be no additional upgrade costs, whereas with your licence you might well have to pay when there is a major upgrade.

AgileBits have clearly stated that the one-time purchase option will continue to be available.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rayjack,

I hope that Danco’s reply has helped! He’s right, if you already have 1Password set up and working for you, there’s no need to switch to a subscription model at this time. There are some great benefits to setting up a 1Password account though. Please check out our website to learn more.

And, of course, feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

• Rayjack
    Rayjack
    Community Member

Thanks to Danco and Megan, but I'm still a bit confused! I have 1Password Pro. Do I need to change anything? Ray

• Hey @Rayjack,

"1Password Pro" isn't enough information to answer that question, unfortunately. There have been a few different 1Password apps or options that have been referred to as Pro through time.

The short answer is: as long as what you have is working for you, there is no need to change. But you may want to change. I just answered another customer with a similar question here. My response there may help you as well.

The subscription option is a great way to get access to 1Password on all of your devices, and always be up to date.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.