missing functionality in new version (beta) and new membership account

Options

Hello,

Today I have switched to try out the new membership account and migrated from version 4 stand alone to the new stand alone v6 beta.

I must say that by mistake I have imported twice since there was no message when the import started.

Now I find it very difficult almost impossible to remove the duplicate entries. Tried from web and I need to go one by one and click edit and send to trash which is unusable for me.

Trying the desktop stand alone v6 beta tried to multi select the items that I want to remove and alas its not sending anything to the trash.

Where is the great feature find duplicated that was in v4 ?

Another last thing is the ability to generate a string password using the chrome extension is now available anymore !

I could use it to generate strong password to your support web site.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks in advance

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: new memberhip
Referrer: forum-search:duplicate

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @yhersh,

1Password 6 is a beta build of a new program, it won't be replacing 1Password 4 for a while as it will take some time to implement all features.

I must say that by mistake I have imported twice since there was no message when the import started.

We're working on an update to provide an import progress window as well as a clear indication of how many items were imported and what didn't get imported.

In the mean time, we did add a timestamp tag to all imported items, so you can easily undo it by selecting all items with that specific timestamped tag and trash it, which I think you did do.

Trying the desktop stand alone v6 beta tried to multi select the items that I want to remove and alas its not sending anything to the trash.

It does work but it doesn't have the progress indicator. Once it is done, it will refresh the view. I suspect if you reopen the app now, these items should be gone. If not, try again but wait several minutes depending on how many items you're deleting, we have to send a notice to the server to delete them too, so it's not as simple as just deleting it locally.

Where is the great feature find duplicated that was in v4 ?

Do you mean Duplicated Passwords as part of the Security Audit? Security Audit and Watchtower hasn't been implemented yet for 1Password 6 Beta, it is on our list to do in the future.

Another last thing is the ability to generate a string password using the chrome extension is now available anymore !

1Password mini was implemented a few weeks ago, it doesn't have all of the features yet. 1Password mini can only do basic filling with existing Login items for the moment. The ability to save new Login, view item's details, fill credit card/identity items and other features will be added in the near future.

For now, you have to generate the password within the app itself. Create a new Login item with the details you want, click on the icon next to the password field to generate a new password and you can then copy it to your site.

• yhersh
    yhersh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

By duplicate password I meant for the feature in v4 that shows you duplicated passwords.

The Trash option in v6 is not working and now I would like to re-import the items and Its almost impossible? How can I clear all my Personal passwords re-import them

I think the current version is far from from being a payable service.

I think you have a great v4 software and switching to v6 is not done right !

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @yhersh,

By duplicate password I meant for the feature in v4 that shows you duplicated passwords.

That's part of the Security Audit, it will be implemented in a future update to 1Password 6, we don't have a timeframe on when this will happen.

The Trash option in v6 is not working and now I would like to re-import the items and Its almost impossible? How can I clear all my Personal passwords re-import them

The UI in 1Password 6 Beta will not tell you the progress indicator of the trash process, you have to wait a few minutes after you select Move to Trash.

If you want to reimport, here's how:

1. Open 1Password 6 Beta, unlock, and select the tag 1pif-import-9/18/16 or the date you did the import on the sidebar
    2. You should see all items show up in the item list that is tagged with that. Right-click on the item list to select Select all items and then select Move to Trash
    3. Wait several minutes depending on how many items you have. You'll see the app revert to "All Vaults" when it is done.

After that, repeat the process for any other import tags you may have and then try to import your data again. When importing, wait for the app to respond, it will take some time to finish.

I think the current version is far from from being a payable service. I think you have a great v4 software and switching to v6 is not done right !

Which is why 1Password 6 Beta is a beta version, it is not ready for full use. 1Password 4 cannot be used to add support for 1Password.com, a new program needs to be built and it will take time to finish it completely before it can replace 1Password 4.

If you're fully happy with 1Password 4, I would suggest staying with that version until 1Password 6 is ready to replace it, which won't be for a while.

This discussion has been closed.