new user issue

JohnShaw
JohnShaw
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Families

I have a family license and am attempting to create a new 1P account on a Macbook Pro, on which the app currently resides (because I use it as well in a separate user account). When I attempt this, I am asked for a "sign-in address" and have no record of that.
I took a guess at what it might be and was correct. Now I'm getting a "the Account Key is invalid" error. I copy and pasted the key from my iMac to the Pro, so don't see how that could be. I tried entering it by hand without the dashes, and received the same error.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: (632001)
OS Version: El Cap. 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @JohnShaw! Sorry for the confusion. Your family license actually doesn't include an account, which is why the sign-in address and Account Key are new concepts. 1Password accounts are tied to a subscription, which adds to the 1Password experience you have with your family license. Specifically, you get:

• Built-in automatic sync across all devices
    • 1Password apps on all your devices
    • Data loss protection
    • Web access to your data on 1Password.com
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items
    • Secure Document storage
    • Brand new multi-factor security model

If that sounds like something you'd get a lot out of, feel free to sign up for an account. You can also continue using 1Password as you always have with your family license. You'll still get updates for that version when we release them. :)

This discussion has been closed.