Older version of 1Password on my iPhone and want to sync

salliew
salliew
Community Member

I have a version of 1Password on my iPhone and want to sync with my computer and get a family account. I tried to register for a new account thinking I could sync later. Now I can't seem to use the new account either. What are my next steps?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have the app w/ 6 digit password. Tried to sign up for the subs service. It wants a 10 digit pw.

Comments

• Hey @salliew! I'd be happy to help get things in sync. :) I just looked at your account in our back office and saw there are no items in it, so the first step is to move your passwords and data into the account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once you've done that, signing in to your account on any other devices will get all your data there as well.

Lastly, I noticed you are set up with an individual account, not a family one. You're welcome to keep using that if you only need 1Password for yourself. If you do want to set up a family account, sign in from https://my.1password.com, click your name in the top right, and click Invite People. You'll then be guided through an upgrade to 1Password Families. :) We have a great guide to sharing with your family as well if you want to share Netflix and other passwords with them.

Let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions we're happy to help.

• salliew
    salliew
    Community Member

The app on my phone was free. When I try to download the app to my OS X El Capitan laptop, it looks like it costs $64. I thought there was a six months free trial. I am confused.

• @salliew Sorry for the confusion. All the apps are free with your account, you just need to sign in. First, download 1Password for Mac, then open it and sign in to your account and you should be all set. :) Where did you see the mention of $64.99? That's for a license, which is different from an account.

• salliew
    salliew
    Community Member

I did all you said and now when I try to log in, it says my credentials are invalid. I had printed out my emergency kit and provided the numbers/addresses/passwords that are listed. The message says my account key is incorrect and should start with entirely different numbers than were provided on the Emergency Kit. Any suggestions?

• @saliew Thanks for the update! It sounds like your sign-in address may be incorrect, actually. Could you make sure you're using my.1password.com as the sign-in address?

This discussion has been closed.