Change the Sync method on mobile

Options
ticash
ticash
Community Member

Hi I just got a new phone, and I am trying to back up my data to my SD card to place in my new phone. However I initially set up to back up to my dropbox which is now full. I want to change the sync on my old phone from dropbox to local (SD). So I can take the SD and just put it in my new phone to restore. I downloaded the Windows application to my laptop but when I select Import file could not be found.

When I access 1Password on my old phone I now get error code "the necessary file encryptionKeys.js is missing. Tap details for information on resolving". When I select details it takes me to a 1Password website, that says page not found.

If anyone can tell me how to either backup the data to my laptop or SD. Or somehow change the sync method.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android marshmellow
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ticash,

I've moved your thread to our Android forum here and someone from our Android team will follow up soon, they will have experience with this issue.

/cc @peri

• peri
    Options

Hi @ticash. It sounds like 1Password isn't able to sync the encryptionKeys.js file since Dropbox is full. We'll need to get sync back on track before you can migrate your vault, since it's not possible to reconfigure sync without resetting or reinstalling the app. I wouldn't want you to lose any data.

Is your 1Password.agilekeychain still in Dropbox at the moment, or have you already moved it to an SD card? I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Android device:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.