How to get notified when someone replies to my question [Check notification prefs and email address]

martinnel
martinnel
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Lounge

Most of these forums send me an email when someone has replied to my posting. I'm not getting any here nor are they appearing in my spam folder. Am I doing something wrong?

I will (have to) keep checking this page to see if there is a reply,

Martin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martinnel,

These are the main forum Notification Preferences you can adjust to your liking:

When someone from the AgileBits team is replying to specific users they will often be '@ mentioned', like I've done with @martinnel above and again here. So that's one way a notification will be triggered, if you have the Notify me when people mention me option(s) enabled.

To (un)bookmark a specific discussion for notifications, click the star near the top right of its page. When unbookmarked, that star is an uncolored outline:

And it'll be yellow when the discussion is bookmarked:

The Notifications link above the bookmark star may display a badge count when you have new notifications.

Having certain options enabled can sometimes override others, like Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in might do with Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.

If you have Email options for Notification Preferences enabled, you'll want to confirm that the email address on your Edit Profile page is still active.

I hope that helps to figure out why you're not getting notifications you're expecting to. Please let us know if they're still stuck in limbo and we can investigate further. Cheers!

• martinnel
    martinnel
    Community Member

Thanks sjk, I think my problem was I didn't know where to find the notification preferences. Thank you for pointing me to them.

Martin

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Happy to help point you in that direction, Martin. :smile:

Have a wonderful week!

This discussion has been closed.