How can I organise my 1Password items in folders when using Families account?

m_w
m_w
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Families

I've been using 1Password with a family licence for many years and also found a way of sharing my vaults but now I'm thinking of moving to a Families account as I hope this will simplify things. I have signed up today and started using the Families account but I can't find a way of creating any folders in my personal or shared vaults. I have organised my items within the licensed version in many folders and would like to keep this. How do I do this? If the Families account doesn't offer this, would a Team account allow this?

Cheers
Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @m w! Glad to hear you're purveying 1Password Families. :) Accounts actually use tags for organization instead of folders. You can add tags on an individual item on 1Password.com by entering them in the tags field, separated by commas. In 1Password for Mac, you can select multiple items and drag them to the tag in the sidebar to add them all to that tag. Let us know how that goes.

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob - i thought you might say that :)
    I could certainly use tags instead of folders but I still see some disadvantages. What about sub folders and smart folders?

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member

Also, how can I take a tag of a lot of items in one go. As you said, by dragging times onto an existing tag you can apply that tag to all times but how can you do the same for removing a tag?

• @m_w Do you want to remove all items from the tag, or just a group of them?

At present we don't have anything like sub-folders or smart folders ("saved searches") in 1Password.com services, but is something we're looking it.

Ben

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member

Thanks Ben - I want remove the tag from some items only.

• @m_w At the moment, it's only possible to bulk add tags to selected items. Removing them would either need to be one by one, or all the items. What you could do — and this would only be a few extra clicks — is delete the tag you have now, select the items you want to have the tag in the future, and recreate that tag for those items by selecting them and dragging and dropping them to the tag in the sidebar. :)

• m_w
    m_w
    Community Member

Thanks Jacob - that works.

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.