Dropbox error due to Password Hint

Options

I don't know if just only me, but when I try to syncing my vaults, from dropbox, it shows an error.
And I noticed that on my windows when changing the master password it doesn't ask for a Password hint,
but on my iphone and ipad it does.
And other words could you add the "Password Hint question in the windows desktop ver".

Kind regards
G

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: 604
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:password not matching

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @laveaga,

We've removed password hints from 1Password for Windows because of a potential security risk. First, since you need to see your hint without unlocking, your hints are not encrypted. There were a few automated tools that was able to find connections between hints and passwords used across various services and these tools used these connections to attack the sites with some success as people reused their passwords with the same hints. Since we don't want this to happen to our users, we've decided to remove it in the Windows program.

For 1Password.com subscriptions, we've killed it completely, so you could use the Emergency Kit instead.

• laveaga
    laveaga
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Mike, makes sense. =)
    Another Happy Customer
    G.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! Thanks so much for your support! We're here for you if you need anything else. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.