Is there a way to make the web version easier to read on iPhone

Bronwen224466
Bronwen224466
Community Member

I just switched from license to individual subscription trial. So as I understand it, I now access my vault through the website. This is really hard to read on the iPhone 6Plus. When I try to make it reveal the password, I usually cause it to copy because I can't see the choices until I touch the area, and in touching the area, I usually hit the "copy" spot. I was using the licensed app on the phone. Am I supposed to download a different app for the web version/subscription version? I hope this question makes sense. Thanks.

1Password Version: Individual subscription
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:web version hard to read on iphone

Comments

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member

Never mind: I hadn't added account to the app, and I was accessing directly through Safari. These things should not be attempted while under the stress of a loudly whining dog who wants attention.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Oh I can totally relate!!!!!!!!

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member

I'm glad someone can! Thanks.

• Hey @Bronwen224466! Glad you got this sorted out, hopefully outside of fido's reach. :wink: Is the account going smoothly for you now?

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member

Well "Fido" and I do have a question not specific to the subscription platform but to 1Password in general. Sometimes when I create or change a password, 1Password offers to save it, but sometimes (even when open) it does not offer, and doesn't save it. I don't know what I'm doing differently when it does save it. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member

More questions! I decided to change my master password. I changed it online in my account. I also had to change it in the app on my macs, but not on the iPhone. In fact, the iPhone does not allow me to change my master password. That field is grayed out. Is all this normal? The instructions I read only mentioned having to change it online in my account. Also, should I delete the old vaults I was using with the license version, or does it not matter? Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well "Fido" and I do have a question not specific to the subscription platform but to 1Password in general. Sometimes when I create or change a password, 1Password offers to save it, but sometimes (even when open) it does not offer, and doesn't save it. I don't know what I'm doing differently when it does save it. Any ideas? Thanks!

@Bronwen224466: It's probably not something you're doing differently; rather, websites vary greatly, and much to our chagrin, 1Password isn't always able to detect the login form to offer to save your login information. :(

However, when you encounter this, please let us know the URL so we can investigate. We're constantly working to improve 1Password! :)

More questions! I decided to change my master password. I changed it online in my account. I also had to change it in the app on my macs, but not on the iPhone. In fact, the iPhone does not allow me to change my master password. That field is grayed out. Is all this normal? The instructions I read only mentioned having to change it online in my account. Also, should I delete the old vaults I was using with the license version, or does it not matter? Thanks!

Correct. When you change your Master Password at 1Password.com, you can use it to unlock your 1Password Account in 1Password for Mac or 1Password for iOS — unless you setup a local vault with a different Master Password on your devices. Then you'll have a local Primary vault with whichever Master Password you chose for it being used to unlock. It sounds like that's where you're running into trouble.

If you're happy with the way you have things setup in you 1Password Account and all of your data is there, it may be best to delete the local vaults to avoid confusion. You can delete secondary vaults from the 1Password menu when there selected, and then once those are gone you can delete the Primary vault by disabling Local Vaults in 1Password Preferences > Advanced. I hope this helps! :)

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member

Thank you for the reply. I have deleted the other vaults on mac, and on my iPhone, I have the personal vault and the original primary vault. I cannot see how to get rid of the primary vault. How do I do that. Thanks again!

• @Bronwen224466 Glad to hear it! So long as everything has been moved over, feel free to delete the Primary vault. On your Mac, you can delete the Primary vault by switching to it, then choosing 1Password -> Delete Vault from the menu bar. On your iPhone, you'll need to uninstall 1Password and install it again, then sign in to your account. :) Hope that helps!

• Bronwen224466
    Bronwen224466
    Community Member

Ok, I have it all done now. Thanks for the help!

• No problem at all. :) Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.