1Password is not filling in name and pwd on a website, but worked on that site about a week ago.

My 1password is not autofilling on a specific webpage (https://accessuh.uh.edu/login.php) using Safari on OSX. It works for other websites, and did work for this website last week. Any suggestions? I'm not sure if there was an update to the page, a change of 1password, or if I somehow broke something recently.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.11.6
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:filling

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mathgim,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting 1Password to fill the sign-in form on that site! I'm sure we can figure this out one way or another.

I tried filling both fields on that site and saved a Login item when 1Password prompted me to do so. Then I refreshed the site, clicked on the 1Password extension, and chose the Login item. When I did that, it filled both fields correctly. I tried it in both Chrome and Safari to make sure, and it worked in both.

One thing I should clarify is that 1Password doesn't actually have an "autofilling" feature - it will only fill your data when you explicitly tell it to do so. For example, you can double-click a Login item from the main 1Password app, or select the Login item from the 1Password browser extension, or use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut in the browser. Can you please let us know the exact steps you're taking to have 1Password fill your info on that site? Do any of the methods I just mentioned work?

If none of the methods I mentioned work to have 1Password fill that sign-in form, please follow these steps to save a new Login item for that site. Does the new Login item work correctly?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• mathgim
    mathgim
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG, thanks for the response. To use 1Password, I right-click on the page, select 1Password from the menu, and select my 1Password option for that page. Normally, this autofills the fields, but it doesn't for this page. I also just created a new 1Password item for the page as described in your link, but unfortunately that doesn't work either: the fields are not filled after I choose the new 1Password item.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mathgim,

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved this thread to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum.

Thanks for letting us know the steps you take to try to have 1Password fill your info on that site. Can you please let us know what version of the 1Password extension is installed in Safari? To check that, go to Safari > Preferences and click the Extensions tab. Select the 1Password extension there, and it will show you the exact version number.

Also, can you try the following and let us know the results:

• What happens if you open the main 1Password app and click on the website field of the new Login item you created for that site?
    • What happens if you open that website by clicking the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar and choose the new Login item from there?
    • What happens if you go to that website first, and then click the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar and choose the new Login item?

Thanks in advance! :)

• mathgim
    mathgim
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG, no worries about the forum change. I'm using extension version 4.5.8. I checked the tests you suggested and found:
    -- double-clicking on the item in the main app loads the page, but does not fill the fields
    -- using the 1Password extension icon in safari loads the page but does not fill the fields
    -- manually opening the page then using the extension icon in safari does not fill the fields.
    Sorry for the bad news, let me know if there is anything else I can try.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @mathgim. It looks like this site is affected by a bug we recently fixed. It's not yet available in the Safari gallery, so please go to Safari > Extensions and remove the 1Password extension. Then, visit this page to download the latest version. Let us know how it goes.

• mathgim
    mathgim
    Community Member

Updating the extension worked! Thanks for the fix.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update. I'm glad that helped!

This discussion has been closed.