Moving to 1P Family, and use Teams

Options
The1
The1
Community Member

Hi there - I have been a long time user of 1Password when it was mac only.
At work we are looking at bringing it to the team....however since I use my laptop for both work and personal...
Are there any best practices to keep the two separate?

Can I run both family and team?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @The1,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

You can indeed be signed into both 1Password Families and 1Password Teams accounts simultaneously. I'm personally currently signed into 3 1Password Teams accounts and 1 1Password Families account.

As for keeping them separated... that can get a little trickier. You may want to adjust your settings in 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults. It may make sense to, for example, exclude the work vaults from the All Vaults view, and make sure the Vault for Saving is your Personal vault in your 1Password Families account. That way to view the work stuff, or save into a work vault, you'd have to explicitly select that option.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• The1
    The1
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben for the quick reply.
    So is buying the Family version of 1Password a new software license, or is it an upgrade? I put my license number (version 6.x) into upgrade and it tells me I qualify for a discount?
    That seems different than the $4.99 x12 price?

• Ben
    Options

@The1,

1Password Families is a new subscription service. It is not an upgrade (or a license), it is a separate path from licensing altogether. It is not sold through our traditional store (agilebits.com/store), but instead you can enter your billing information after you create a 1Password Families account from the 1Password.com website. :)

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.