iOS iCloud sync has overwritten my passwords with old versions on 3 devices

mattmckinstry
mattmckinstry
Community Member

I use 1Password on 3 iOS devices. 2 phones and an iPad. With the recent LinkedIn password debacle I went through my passwords and changed them all using the password generator. 88 in total. I tried to use my Amazon password tonight from 1Password and noticed that it was set to the old one. My heart sank as I quickly realised all of my passwords have been overwritten on 3 devices with an old passord file because of a syncing issue.

Im now locked out of 88 acounts because of this syncing mess. How in the hell have you guys f*cked this up?

I have no iTunes backup as I dont connect my devices to that steaming pile of dung. After all cloud backup\syncing is supposed to just work, isnt it?

What can I do to get my passwords back? And how has this even happened?

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:Sync overwrite

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattmckinstry,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been having trouble with 1Password! I’d like to take a closer look at your devices to see if we can determine where things got tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.