Suggestion - Show Password at Login-Dialog

Options

I have a longer master password (more than 15 digits).
Sometimes I have a typing mistake and 1Password tells me that I have entered a wrong Master-Password.
So I have to type the whole password again.

It would be cool to have a button with an "Eye" icon, that shows the password while the button is pressed.
This way I can see where the typing error is and correct it.
This is much faster than having to type the whole password again.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@markwoon, @OLLI_S: Given the age of the 1Password 4 codebase, I'm not sure this is something we can or will add there, but it's a great suggestion and something we'll keep in mind going forward. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    As I mentioned in an other posting: I have no problem when new features are implemented in the new version of 1Password.
    It is just important that tey ARE implemented.

• markwoon
    markwoon
    Community Member
    Options

What he said.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi guys,

This is already enabled by default in the Windows Store version of 1Password 6 Beta.

However, Microsoft only added this support to the UWP framework, not the WPF framework we're using for the desktop version of 1Password 6 Beta, so it is not there yet.

We ran into technical limitations when trying to make a concealed password editable and there may be technical reasons we can't do this either. So, while we'll certainly look into this, don't expect this to be implemented immediately.

• OLLI_S
    OLLI_S
    Community Member
    Options

In my opinion we will have more and more UWP apps in the future...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As long as Microsoft keeps improving UWP, I think that will be good for a lot of folks. It nice to be able to install apps from outside of the Windows Store, but UWP is getting closer to "good enough" for many apps. :)

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Unfortunately, UWP is limited to customers who can access Windows 10 Store, not just Windows 10. What we found is that many customers cannot use Windows Store at work as they're blocked by default, even though they have the latest Windows 10 version.

That's why we're focusing on the desktop version so much right now, anyone can use it on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 with no Windows Store requirement. Hopefully, we can remove the admin rights for the MSI installer and that would make it a portable app as well.

We will continue to update the UWP app alongside our desktop app as we're sharing most of the codebase.

This discussion has been closed.