Extension button not responding

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Windows Chrome extension in latest Chrome does not work.

Comments

• danieljosephmarsh
    danieljosephmarsh
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue. I have a window 10 desktop and a laptop (and a iMac) both running 1password. On the desktop, I can't get the extension button in Chrome to work. I have reinstalled the 1password extensioin and Chrome is up to date. It looks like the issue with malware programs. I have currently use Sophos on both machine and entered the 1passord url as advised. Yet one machine works well and one did until a week ago.

• danieljosephmarsh
    danieljosephmarsh
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, should have made clear the laptop is Window10 (all known settings identical).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danieljosephmarsh: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion since the other was rather old and you're using different "security" software. Be sure to configure it to allow an exception for 1Password:

Antivirus configuration

Are there other differences between your PCs? I wonder what might account for the discrepancy. Please let me know what you find!

• danieljosephmarsh
    danieljosephmarsh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for prompt response. On checking Sophos home dashboard, rather oddly, the laptop (where Chrome extn is working) didn't have exception for 127.0.0.1 (I thought they both did).

• danieljosephmarsh
    danieljosephmarsh
    Community Member
    Options

So I'm still having the problem I didn't have last week. Appreciate any help.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @danieljosephmarsh,

IIRC, some Sophos would reset the exclusions, that could explain why you thought you had it for both but an update may have reset it.

lf you're 100% sure it is set correctly, could you reproduce the issue with the extension and send us a diagnostics report from 1Password. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.