Web form not working for random pin login

Hi. I work for a site currently in beta and I am trying to figure out why I cant get my web form details to work with the pin section of a 3 factor login. You can see our login page here https://beta.ii.co.uk/login. I have tried using pin1 , pin-digit-1 and 1st pin digit etc as both text and number but no joy on the pre-fill.

Can you help me out..? I hasten to add that I have colleagues on LastPass that can do this no problem and that is just not on!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.3.2 (632000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: 10.11.2 Beta (15C40a)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @Hamishsw. Thanks for your post. Right now, 1Password isn't able to fill sites where certain digits or characters are requested from the password. This has been requested from time to time, but right now, it's not something 1Password has in its bag of tricks. We have a change we're working on that might help, but I would need to do some more testing to confirm that.

I'd be interested to know more about this practice since you work for the site. I'm honestly a bit skeptical of this practice because the only two ways I can see it working on the server side are to store the PIN in plain text (boo) or store separate hashes for all the possible combinations that could be requested (better but still open to attacks). I'd love to hear more about it from someone working on a site that employs the approach.

Thanks again!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.