1Password and OneDrive for Business

I use OneDrive for Business (not OneDrive personal) and want to know apart from using folder sync , if there is going to be support in the future for OneDrive Drive for Business.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @memax,

Specific support for OneDrive for Business, no. We will use Folder Sync feature, this would allow you to sync to any folder on the local drive and the sync service can sync that folder for you. OneDrive for Business should be able to let you sync your 1Password data folder. The exception is that you must make the folder available offline on all computers using OneDrive or 1Password won't see the content.

OneDrive sync with your 1Password folder would only work between macOS, Windows and Android, iOS won't support OneDrive/Folder Sync for now.

• memax
    memax
    Community Member

Thanks Mike !

I use wifi sync between my iOS and Mac and use OneDrive for Business for sync between PC/MAC

• Hi @memax,

That's not a supported configuration, we don't recommend having more than one sync monitor on the same folder. Wi-Fi and OneDrive works differently, so if there was a sync conflict, it could make it worse because they may interfere with each other.

You can keep that configuration if you want, just understand the risks of doing so and make sure you back up your data all the time.

• memax
    memax
    Community Member

understood :) good that I keep a back in case I need to start fresh ! (fingers crossed - I have not had any issues yet)

• That's great to hear.

If you do, we'll be here to help in any way we can.

This discussion has been closed.