1Password 6 beta and 1Password License Key

Options
memax
memax
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Where do I inset the license key in 1Password 6 beta ? I like to remain on the non-subscription plan.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @memax,

I've moved your thread to our Windows Beta forum.

1Password 6 Beta at the moment is not an upgrade for 1Password 4 or licensed customers. There is no license key required and we don't provide full support for local vault files. If you want to keep using your local vault files, we recommend that you stick with 1Password 4 for now.

Support for local vault files and licenses are planned for later this year at the least.

• memax
    memax
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike ! Thanks agian for the quick responses. I will move back to v4. I do like the clean look of v6 beta ! great upgrade on the interface. I hope when you got RTM with v6 , license key version and local file version is supported in it.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @memax,

I'm glad you like it so far, the goal is keep iterating it to the point that it can replace 1Password 4 completely for everyone, both licensed and 1Password.com subscribers.

If you like it and you can live with the limited features, you're more than welcome to keep using it with your local vault files. The app is free to use without any license key required.

Both 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 can co-exist with each other, the only issue is with the extension. The extension can only work with one 1Password Helper at a time and by default, it will prefer 1Password 4's Helper, which is far more feature-packed compared to the brand new 1Password mini in 1Password 6.

This discussion has been closed.