Family usage with Android, Chrome, Safari, Windows, Mac and iOS

Options

Comments

• Nimrodman
    Nimrodman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - just about to embark on using 1password. Final question about synching across multiple browsers, MAC and IOS. I am looking at family group

• Nimrodman
    Nimrodman
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - pressed return by accident.
    Hi - just about to embark on using 1password. Final question about synching across multiple browsers, MAC and IOS. I am looking at family group who between us use Android, Chrome, Safari, Windows and IOS. I just want to check if this is possible to synchronise across these platforms? Can I (as duty Dad) administer the privileges, or can I give my son and daughter privileges to administer their own area so they can share or hide as they wish? I know I can control my own permissions to include - exclude as required.
    If possible, which synch option is best - easiest, option? Can it be done on 3/4 G as well as wi fi?
    Thanks
    Jeff

• MikeT
    edited August 2016
    Options

Hi @Nimrodman,

That would be possible if you use 1Password.com Families and if you use that, you don't need to worry about how to sync as we'll handle the data and sync for you, plus the service's subscription includes all 1Password apps on all platforms with some exceptions at the moment (I'll explain more below).

With 1Password.com Families, you can invite your kids onto your account and they get their own credentials, you can set up shared vaults for the whole family to use and if you set up more vaults, you can control who can access it, like sharing a small vault for a babysitter to use. You can see more here: https://1password.com/families/ You can sign up and try it free for a month, it includes up to 5 family members already and if you need more, it will scale with you for $1 per member.

I've mentioned the exception for the apps; we have macOS and iOS versions of 1Password ready to use with 1Password Families accounts. However, we do have a beta Windows version available as well, that you can try out here. Right now, 1Password 6 Beta for Windows doesn't have all features implemented, so you should give it a try right now and before you pay. We are working as fast as we can to improve the Windows app as often as we can. The extensions for the Windows version is limited to Firefox and Chrome, Edge/IE is not yet supported but it can work in other Chrome-based browsers like Vivaldi and Opera as well.

This discussion has been closed.