Windows 10 Chrome Extension

jshort_indy
jshort_indy
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am setting up a new Surface Book with Windows 10. I am currently utilizing the included Windows Defender AVS. I am a subscriber to 1Password Families. I have install 1Password 6 Beta for Windows (which I downloaded from the Microsoft Store) and subsequently installed 1Password Extension for Chrome (also tried the 1Password Beta Extension for Chrome). When I click on the 1Password button in Chrome, I am getting the message "Looking for the 1Password Helper." I do have 1Password 6 Beta for Windows opened when I start Chrome and when I press the button. Please help me resolve this issue.

1Password Version: 6.0.161u
Extension Version: 4.5.9.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 1511
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• mstonge
    mstonge
    Community Member

I am new to 1Password. I have exactly the same problem. Only differences with jshort_indy is that I have a personal account, and not a family one, and I'm not using Windows Defender AVS. Without the ability to use browser extensions, this program would be pretty useless. Any help will be appreciated.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi @jshort_indy and @mstonge,

I've moved your thread to the Windows Beta forum since you're using the 1Password 6 Beta app.

1Password 6 Beta from the Windows Store doesn't support browser extensions yet, instead you should switch to the 1Password 6 Beta desktop build instead. You can find it here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64591/help-us-welcome-1password-6-for-windows-to-our-family#latest

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mstonge, @jshort_indy: Sorry for the trouble! Make sure that you both have 1Password 6 open and unlocked, and that 1Password 4 isn't running. Alternatively, you may have "security" software interfering with 1Password's communications with the browser extension. If so, temporarily disabling it should help, and a long-term solution (once you've confirmed that) is to set an exception for 1Password. Please let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.