Account frozen

spartanyos
spartanyos
Community Member

I have been using one password after purchasing the iPad app and it is awesome. A colleague and I thought families looked good so we gave it a test but it wasn't for us. Now my account is frozen and I have to pay to unlock it. I switched back to an individual account thinking that would fix it, but nope still frozen. Can you please fix!!!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac 10.11.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

People get confused about what is meant by "account" (I think AgileBits have not worked out the right way to describe things to avoid confusion).

There is the subscription option, 1PW for Families, and 1PW for Individuals, and the word "account" only applies to these. Families has a thirty-day trial, and currently Individuals has a six month trial period (which should work automatically but some people have had to ask for this to be applied). This covers 1PW on all platforms.

Then there is the stand-alone version. This has a thirty-day free trial and after that has to be paid for.

Even if 1PW is frozen because you are past the trial period, it is always possible to read you passwords, but you won't be able to edit or add passwords.

• Hi @spartanyos! Sorry about that. I see you have an individual account, and I'm assuming you converted to it from a family or team one? That won't usually reset your trial. We're running a promotion for individuals right now, though, and I've added that to your account. You should now see a lengthy trial. :) Hope that helps!

• spartanyos
    spartanyos
    Community Member

Thanks @danco that was a very handy reply. Its just annoying that you buy an app for your iPad and then still have to pay to use it.

Thanks @Jacob for the extension.

• Its just annoying that you buy an app for your iPad and then still have to pay to use it.

Our 1Password.com subscription services include the apps, so you do not need to purchase those in addition to the subscription fee. Unfortunately it isn't retroactive, so if you've already purchased the apps subscribing does not grant a refund.

Ben

• brbenjamin
    brbenjamin
    Community Member

I have pro version and my account is frozen. I don't need family account. How do I restore my original settings?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brbenjamin

Do you want to keep on using your 1Password account but convert it to and individual account with the 6 months free deal? If this is the case, then you need to convert it:

1. Sign into your 1Password account in your browser.
    2. Click your account name in the top right and click Family Settings.
    3. Click the convert button at the bottom of the page.

When you've done this, let us know so we can activate the trial for you as it won't happen automatically. That will unfreeze your account and let you enjoy your 1Password account for free for the next half year! :chuffed:

• rich892
    rich892
    Community Member

I've bought the app on iOS and have been using on my mac and iPad too with no problems..now my account is frozen and I'm being asked to pay more??

• @rich892 I'm sorry for the confusion. Your 1Password account is paid with a subscription, and purchasing the Pro Features for the iOS app doesn't cover that. I'd be happy to help out with things if you could send your purchase info in to us. Your purchases in the App Store are all stored nicely in the account. Here's how to get them:

1. Launch iTunes on your Mac
    2. From the menu bar, select Account -> View My Account
    3. Under Purchase History, click See All
    4. Select the month you purchased 1Password and click Jump
    5. Click the arrow beside the entry with 1Password in it and send us a screenshot of that. If you need any help taking a screenshot, there is a nice guide over at: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Send that screenshot to support@1password.com and post back here with the BitBot confirmation number we send you. We'll get back to you shortly. :)

• rich892
    rich892
    Community Member
    edited November 2016

@Jacob Thank you for your help! I didn't realise that, maybe it should be clearer when people sign up! But I do appreciate your help to sort it out. I have emailed the screenshot across, and the BitBot confirmation number is XBM-85678-279

• Jacob
    edited November 2016

@rich892 Indeed! We're working to make it clearer. :) It looks like Andrew has replied to your email and you're all set to go!

ref: XBM-85678-279

• jnlct
    jnlct
    Community Member

The questions may already been asked and answered. I have a individually licensed 1Password Pro stand along app (1Password6). I signed on to the 1Password Account trial program. However, I've decided that I will decline the Account program but it's not clear how I can remove myself from the Account and unlock my 1Password app. Please advise, Joe

• Hi @jnlct - Thank you for contacting us. I just want to make sure we're on the same page. You purchased a standalone license for 1Password 6 a while back and recently signed up for an Individual account. After giving it a try, you want to go back to just using the standalone license? Is my understanding correct? If not, can you clarify as I want to make sure I'm addressing your question completely. Keep me posted and I look forward to working with you :-)

• jnlct
    jnlct
    Community Member

Hi Frank, yes as you're exactly on point. I'm thoroughly impressed by your very prompt reply and, clear vision of my comment. jnlct

• Hi jnlct - Thank you for confirming. I just sent you over an email so we can discuss further. I rather not run the risk of sharing any private information here if that works for you. Reply back to me when you get a chance so we can continue the conversation over there. Talk to you soon and enjoy the rest of your day.

ref: AEX-92393-574

This discussion has been closed.