My OS X license does not work for Windows? [not if you purchased only the Mac version]

Options
SEMats
SEMats
Community Member
edited August 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have a OS X and iOS license and have been trying 1pw for Windows for a while.

On the purchase page I come to when selecting to buy a license, you offers "A license for all your OS X and Windows desktops.", so obviously my OS X license should work for Windows but it is not? Windows complains - it is for Mac.

Do I misunderstand the text or doing something wrong?

/Mats

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Folder
Referrer: forum-search:license osx and windows

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SEMats: Sorry for the confusion! If you pay full price for 1Password today, it includes both the Mac and Windows versions. This is similar to if you'd purchased the bundle previously. But if you purchased only 1Password for Mac (and saved some money doing so, by not purchasing a Windows license) your license is valid only for the Mac version. I'll send you a private message with some additional information, so be sure to check for that. Cheers! :)

• ashconnor
    ashconnor
    Community Member
    Options

Are there any discounts for those that bought the OSX and iOS versions who now want a windows license?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ashconnor: Absolutely! Shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with a copy of your receipt and we'll see what we can do to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.