Im having problems moving my data from 1password app on my ipad to my new app on my Mac

Liam7788
Liam7788
Community Member
edited August 2016 in Lounge

I have had 1password on a number of mobile devices (ipad and phone) for over a year and i used to sync through Dropbox.
I have just open up an 1password account and downloaded the app onto my Mac. I now want to sync my data from my ipad to the account.
Im finding it very difficult to do, hours of work and im wondering whether it can be done.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Im having a problem moving my data from the 1password app on my phone to my new Mac app

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Liam7788: Can you tell me where you're running into trouble? It's easiest to migrate data using 1Password for Mac, since you can copy multiple items at once. Just login to your 1Password Account and then copy data to it from your Dropbox vault:

Migrate to a 1Password Account

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

• Liam7788
    Liam7788
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. The online videos on your website show different options to the ones i have on my account and i cant see how to use the data on my 1Password account on my Ipad and move it onto my 1Password Account which i can then sync my other devices with.

I purchased 1Password for two mobiles and an Ipad - am i required to purchase something else.

My iPad is linked to my 1Password account and my Mac app - i can add a login on my Mac app and it syncs with my Ipad but my challenge is moving 55items from my Ipad to my 1Password account.
    I have tried everything that i can see to do it - is it an issue with the account i have?

Can you give me a step by step guide to doing it?

Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Liam7788,

If you would like to migrate your data from your standalone vault into your 1Password account using your iPad, here are the steps to follow:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I purchased 1Password for two mobiles and an Ipad - am i required to purchase something else.

If you’re using a 1Password account, there’s no need to purchase the apps themselves. Your subscription fee includes all of the apps, including updates and upgrades, for as long as your account is active.

I hope this helps, but if you have more questions, we’re here for you. :)

• Liam7788
    Liam7788
    Community Member

At present i havnt paid a subscription fee - am i required to do so given that i have already spent money purchasing apps for 3 devices?
    I came across the 1Password account in my attempts to solve a syncing issue with Dropbox and felt that it was a better way to back up my data.
    There are only two people who will use the vault, through a Mac, Ipad and 2 mobiles so given the money ive spent already on apps i want to be sure why i may be required to pay more money for the service and if this is the most cost effective means of storing my passwords.
    Thanks for your advice.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Liam7788,

My apologies for misunderstanding.

At present i havnt paid a subscription fee - am i required to do so given that i have already spent money purchasing apps for 3 devices?

If I understand your previous posts, you’ve purchased the Pro features for 1Password for iOS. This gives you access to the iOS Pro features on all of your iOS devices, but it does not include a license for the desktop apps.

It sounds to me like you’re currently using the subscription as a free trial. Once the trial period is over, any data stored in the 1Password account will be frozen (you will have read-only access) and the Mac app will revert to trial mode until you either purchase a license from the AgileBits Store or add a credit card to your 1Password account.

I came across the 1Password account in my attempts to solve a syncing issue with Dropbox and felt that it was a better way to back up my data.

1Password accounts are a great way to automatically sync your data, and there are some other great advantages to accounts as well. If you’re enjoying the trial so far, you might find that the subscription model is more cost-effective than purchasing a standalone license for the 1Password app. A desktop license for 1Password is $64.99, and a year-long subscription to a 1Password account for individuals comes to roughly $36.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

• Liam7788
    Liam7788
    Community Member

Thanks for the info Megan which makes things clearer.

I feel that given the fact that i have already spent money on buying the apps (about 18months ago) and at the time i was not aware of the 1Password account , i dont really want to be spending more money now that the account facility is available.

Id like to make use of what ive paid for and so please can you advise me as to how i can sync my 1Password apps with other devices and also have a back up on Dropbox. I had this all set up and working well and suddenly i had an issue with Dropbox and i could no longer sync - this is ultimately what has brought me to searching ways out of this problem. Ive made multiple searches on the internet for ways to sort this out with Dropbox but nothing has worked.

Thanks

• @Liam7788.

The problem is I don't see where you have actually purchased the apps (the desktop apps, specifically). Did you perhaps purchase them from the App Store? Or under a different email address than the one you use here on the forums? Because I don't see any purchases from us directly for the email address you've used to register here.

Please shoot us an email to support@agilebits.com with a link to this thread so we can research further. Please include this link in your email:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68486

Once you've sent the message you should get a response from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that here.

Thanks!

Ben

• Liam7788
    Liam7788
    Community Member

I have sent the email.

I purchased the Apps from the App Store for 3 devices. (incidentally the email i have registered here is my Apple ID).

What id like to do is make use of the expense i have already incurred through the purchase of the apps, as i understand it i purchased the apps before the 1Password account was available or potentially that i was aware of.

Is your support line able to guide me through the process of syncing my data between devices through Dropbox?

Thanks

• Liam7788
    Liam7788
    Community Member

Hello there!

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. My human friends have received your message and are working as quickly as possible to get back to you.

In the meantime, feel free to see if your question has been answered in our awesome knowledgebase:

https://support.1password.com

If you cannot find the answer to your question, no worries! We will reply to your email as soon as we can. If your situation is critical, please forward this email to "support+urgent@agilebits.com" and we will work extra hard to answer even faster.

For your reference, your support ID is [#RYA-46422-391]. Please include this ID in the subject of any followup emails so we'll know they're from you.

Thank you for choosing 1Password. We look forward to speaking with you.

Cheers!

BitBot
    Your friendly AgileBits robot

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2016

@Liam7788: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: RYA-46422-391

This discussion has been closed.