I purchased a new computer. It is not accepting my Account Key

vernonch
vernonch
Community Member

I purchased a new computer. It is not accepting my Account Key.
The account key I used to verify my original install.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I purchased a new computer. It is not accepting my Account Key

Comments

• Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I looked, but I couldn't find any 1Password subscription accounts (which have account keys) under your email address. I did find a Single Version License, though. Licenses do not have account keys.

Do you have a 1Password Families subscription, or are you using your 1Password 6 for Mac Single User license?

Please let us know.

Ben

• thierrylamb
    thierrylamb
    Community Member

I purchased a new apple computer
    Somebody stole the previous one
    So I have no access to it ...

Do I need to buy another license ?
    Do you keep all my passwords somewhere ?

Regards

Thierry

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2016

@thierrylamb

So sorry to hear your computer was stolen.

You don't need to buy another licence. You can simply download the program and get a new copy of your licence sent to you at https://agilebits.com/home/licenses (or https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/#add-your-license which is a new location for finding your licence).

With the stand-alone version (licence), AgileBits does not have any copy of your data. There is a new subscription option where they do have an encrypted copy of your data.

Unfortunately, if you have not made any backups onto external drives, and have not used iCloud or Dropbox to sync your data, and you don't have copies on a iPhone or similar, your data is gone.

In any case, although the data on the stolen machine is very well encrypted, I would recommend that you change all your passwords as soon as possible, especially for your email accounts.

• I hope danco's advice here has been helpful. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.