Sync between vaults

crisnoh
crisnoh
Community Member

Is it possible to keep a login that exists in two separate vaults on the same account in sync?

Comments

• Hi @crisnoh! Welcome to our forum. :) It isn't possible to keep an item in sync between vaults. What are you looking to accomplish? Perhaps there's another solution.

• crisnoh
    crisnoh
    Community Member

After playing with the vaults a bit i think I've got things sorted. I was trying to treat vaults like identities in lastpass. My use case is fairly simple in that I can add all shared passwords into one vault and keep individual ones in their own.

There is a limitation to this though, in that if I need a separate vault to share a subset of my shared passwords I would have to ensure that when any of those password were updated I would have to update them in multiple places. This was an advantage of lastpass. I could associate a password with an arbitrary number of identities and know that everyone had access to the same version.

• @crisnoh Oh well perfect! The Shared vault, or any other vault you'd like to share, is 1Password's way of sharing things. :)

There is a limitation to this though, in that if I need a separate vault to share a subset of my shared passwords I would have to ensure that when any of those password were updated I would have to update them in multiple places. This was an advantage of lastpass. I could associate a password with an arbitrary number of identities and know that everyone had access to the same version.

I see what you mean. We've had a few requests for things similar to this, and the solution at the moment is to implement item sharing. We're not sure how it will work quite yet because we haven't finished it, but that's the general plan idea. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.