Password not working after reinstalling

valivonica
valivonica
Community Member

I have 1Password installed in my Mac and synced via Dropbox. Today I had to reformat the computer, so I reinstalled 1Password app, but when I tried to access my vault in Dropbox, I got the message "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile." Password is correct, since I can access the vault in my Android phone.
Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @valivonica,

I’m so sorry for the delay in replying to you here! When you got this message, had Dropbox finished syncing? If you just reformatted your drive, there’s a chance that Dropbox might still have been in the process of getting all of your files from the cloud onto your disk. If that’s so, it might not have had the full datafile to access.

Are you still seeing this message now?

• valivonica
    valivonica
    Community Member

Hi @Megan,

Apparently that was indeed the case. I thought the folder was synced, but now I see it was not. Now I can access my vault without trouble.
    Thank you very much for your response! ;-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @valivonica,

Whew! I’m so glad to hear that you’re all synced up - thanks so much for letting me know.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

• zxsder
    zxsder
    Community Member

Good morning 1password,

I am having a similar problem, but a little different to valivonica.

I was having issues with my macbook air running el capitan. I reinstalled the operating system and now I am unable to load 1password. I had issues previously with different versions of 1password downloaded from the app store and the agile bits store. I tried to sign in to the agile bits store, but I have the older licence for 1password and so don't have the .1password.com sign in address. I am still able to access 1password on my other devices - iPhone, iPad and iMac. I have installed dropbox on my macbook, but i don't know how or where to download the 1password app. I have checked on my iTunes account, but there is no history of downloading 1password there.

Any assistance appreciated.

• zxsder
    zxsder
    Community Member

Good morning again,

With a little help from google, I have managed to solve the problem! Sorry for the hassle :)

• Hi @zxsder! So glad to hear that. :) If you have any other issues, we're happy to help anytime.

This discussion has been closed.