Recovering master password while logged in

tonyx
tonyx
Community Member

Hey there,

I have a 1Password team account whose master password I have forgotten for some reason (therefore cannot log in on 1password web). However I can still access all the data within that account because I am logged into my 1Password on my Mac and I remember the master password to the primary vault, and presumably 1Password remembers my 1Password team account master password so I can still see all the data. In this scenario, is there any way for me to recover the master password for the team account?

Tony

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.11
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @tonyx! Sorry to hear about the lost Master Password. I'm afraid there's no way to recover it even if you are signed in to the account somewhere. Since you have access to the data, though, you can at least move it to your Primary vault and we can delete your account once you've done that so you can create another. :) Please email us at support@1password.com and we'll get this sorted out for you. Post back here once you have and include the BitBot confirmation number you receive for a faster response.

• tonyx
    tonyx
    Community Member

Got it, I'll back up and try to remember the original password. Thank you.

• Sounds good. Talk to you soon!

This discussion has been closed.