Account frozen

mcabral
mcabral
Community Member

I've purchased a 1Password license. I've added to my OSX desktop apps (two macs) but my account is still frozen on both macs, iOS and web.

How can I make the account work again? The OSX desktop app shows the correct licensing information.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mcabral! Sorry for the confusion. Your family account is activated again with a subscription. The license you purchased is for the desktop apps but doesn't include a subscription. We would be happy to refund you for the purchase or add the amount as credit on your account so you can use the account instead. :) Let us know what you'd prefer.

• mcabral
    mcabral
    Community Member

I'm not sure I understand the difference between subscription and license. Why is the account frozen if I have a license? What's the shortest path here to having the account unfrozen and working on both macs & ios?

• mcabral
    mcabral
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Just for the record. I don't want a family account, not sure how did I end up with one. I'd be happy to have my apps working on OSX/iOS just for myself.

If it makes any difference, can you remove the family part of my account and make it work with the current license I have?

Thanks in advance.

• @mcabral Great question! Khad, one of my teammates, wrote a great post about the differences between the two, and I think it will help clear things up: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/319144/#Comment_319144

What's the shortest path here to having the account unfrozen and working on both macs & iOS?

Subscribing to 1Password Families would unfreeze your account, but you mentioned in your next post that you don't want a family account. Once you read the post I just mentioned, if you would still like to just use 1Password without an account, you can delete it from the settings page. You have a few items in there right now, so make sure to move those out first. ;)

Hope that helps clear things up!

• mcabral
    mcabral
    Community Member

Thanks for your answer. I deleted the family account and now I can move on with my life. Thanks!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mcabral

On behalf of Jacob, you're very welcome! I'm glad that his answers have helped you and that everything's ok in the 1Password world for you :chuffed: If there's anything else that we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.