Using 1Password in a home away computer

vbavinicius
vbavinicius
Community Member

Hi,

I just started to use 1Password and i'm enjoying.

But i have a question.

How can i use 1password to login my facebook in a friend's pc for example? How i can i properly acess my login informations if i'm not in my devices without possibility to install 1password app?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The new subscription option allows you to use a web browser to access your passwords. That is one of the reasons for choosing a subscription rather than the simple licence. Note that as you have just started to use 1PW, even if you have paid for a licence, you can get a refund (if you bought direct from AgileBits)and go for the subscription. For new users, I feel fairly sure that the subscription is the way to go.

Alternatively, if you don't want to go for the subscription, as 1PW has thirty-day trial period, you could install 1PW on your friend's machine, and then delete both the program and the data afterwards. But that is rather dangerously insecure approach.

• Greetings @vbavinicius! Great question. As danco mentioned, a 1Password subscription includes web access from 1Password.com. It looks like you already have one, in fact. I see you created an account for yourself earlier today, and you can sign in to that from the latest version of most browsers at my.1password.com. :)

• vbavinicius
    vbavinicius
    Community Member

Hi @Jacob and @danco ! First of all thanks for the answer.

So i have to know my account key if i want to access my info in any web browser?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vbavinicius

On behalf of Jacob and danco, you're welcome!

So i have to know my account key if i want to access my info in any web browser?

Yes, you need to have both your Master Password and your account key if you want to access your data via the web browser. This is a key fact to keep everything secure :chuffed: If you have a smartphone or similar device you can install 1Password there to help with that.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.