Feedback : Hide text insertion point when window is not in focus

henrys
henrys
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have the 1password 6 beta installed, along with 1password mini in Chrome. When I click the 1password toolbar button in chrome, the mini window opens, and the text insertion point appears in either the master password input box or in the search box (if its already unlocked). Unfortunately, the insertion point ALWAYS appears and flashes in either of these places, whether the window actually has focus or not. This has caused me to type my master password into entirely different applications or websites without me noticing, as I have believed (incorrectly) that I was typing into the 1password window.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @henrys,

If you press Control + Alt + \ instead, does it seem to be focused properly?

We can reproduce the issue if you click on the 1Password button, it gave the focus to the browser but not the 1Password mini that pops up in the front. We're trying to find a way to force 1Password mini to be focused. We may need to disable the password field if the window is not in focus for the moment until we figure out how to tell Windows to keep it focused.

• Zach
    Zach
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT ,

I can confirm the behavior that @henrys is seeing and it only happens for me when I click the 1password button in the toolbar. When i use the keyboard shortcut Control + Alt + \ the focus is correct in the window that pops up.

• MikeT
    edited August 2016

Hi guys,

This is something we've been working on for the last week, we're having difficulties in getting Windows to focus the window for us when you perform a click in a different program. That's why the keyboard shortcut works properly as it is picked up by the main 1Password program but not if you click on an icon that is a part of the browser, technically, so the focus remained in the browser first. Hopefully, we'll find a solution soon.

This discussion has been closed.