Using version 6.3.1 for android, cant get to sycn to device, and can't change from folder to dropbox

Portsis
Portsis
Community Member

I am using version 6.3.1 for android and need to move the vault/passwords to a new phone. Unfortunately when I look at the vault folder on my device it says last updated November 30, 2015 so it is not syncing. I want to change the sync over to dropbox, but it doesn't give me an option. I have seen threads that say to clear the app data and then I will be able to sync to dropbox. However, I am afraid that new passwords, etc. saved to the vault since the last sync in November 2015 will be lost. I need to get it to sync to the device first.

I did copy the 1Password.agilekeychain folder to the new phone and tried to use this vault but got an error message when I tried to log in that briefly said (in red after I entered the password) "please report this error so that we" and that is all it said before it disappeared and left the cursor at the Enter Master Password section. Do I have to set-up a new vault first and then sync to the old vault. This is not very intuitive to say the least.

I don't want to lose the data/passwords, nor spend hours copying them so I can re-enter them. If I end up doing that I will definitely use a different application

1Password Version: 6.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Folder sync

Comments

• Hi @Portsis,

I apologize for the problems with sync and migrating your 1Password data. I will take a look and help transfer the data to your new phone. The best way for me to understand why sync had stopped working on your old device is to take a look at a diagnostic report. Please create a Diagnostics Report from your old device by following these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.