1Password is asking me to login with information I have never had

1Password is asking my wife to login with information that she has never had (i.e., sign in address). She has a license key from agilebits. That's all. What can she do? 1Password doesn't recognize her email address.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password is asking me to login with information that I have never had (i.e., sign in address). I have a license key. That's all. What can I do? 1Password doesn't recognize the email address.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mbrown315

I'm sorry about the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. It sounds like she has a 1Password standalone license, not an account. You can read all about the difference here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest

She won't have sign in address or an Account Key, etc... Is she trying to sign in on a browser? In that case, she won't be able to because signing in is only possible for those who have an account. If not, can you please tell us what exactly does she need to do? This will help us figure out exactly how we can help her :chuffed:

• mbrown315
    mbrown315
    Community Member

Today it is working properly. She does have a standalone account and she has the account key. She has always been able to click on the 1Password icon in the browser (IE) and put in the master password. Yesterday she was being asked to sign in with an account address which, I suspect, is associated with an "account."

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mbrown315

I'm glad to hear that it's working properly now for her. You are completely right, signing in with an account is related to, well, accounts instead of licenses :chuffed: I hope things are cleared up now, but if you need any help or have any more questions about all this, just let us know and we'll be here for you!

This discussion has been closed.