How to restore from a backup on android

Newboyman
Newboyman
Community Member

Hello,
I had to send my Samsung android device for maintenance. I have taken a full backup.
Can you please advise on how I should proceed to restore 1Password on my new device ?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    edited September 2016

Hey @Newboyman. Prior to changing devices, had you configured sync with Dropbox, local storage, or Wi-Fi? Also, do you have 1Password data on any other devices? We don't host your 1Password for Android data unless you're using our subscription service, so we won't be able to recover it for you.

Smart Switch and other backup services tend to back up your apps, photos, music, and contacts, but not necessarily all unique data. In fact, your 1Password data isn't actually stored anywhere except for a local cache (which is not something you can restore from) unless you configure sync. If you configured sync or exported your data, you should have a .agilekeychain or a .opvault folder in your local storage or Dropbox.

If you have access to the old device, or if you've synced anywhere, we can certainly help migrate your data to your new phone. Let us know what you find out! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.