Sync issues

AGAlumB
AGAlumB
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: I have 1Password 6.3 and it has stopped syncing with Dropbox..

Comments

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I have confirmed that the 1Password.agilekeychain has the same directory path on both my Mac as well as my Android phone. It was working fine until the upgrade to 6.3.3. Please advise.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@teriross: Hey there! I'm sorry for the trouble. I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion in the Android category of the forums, since you're trying to sync there. Also, that way we don't generate incessant notifications for others in that old discussion, and we can focus on your particular setup.

Can you tell me more about what's happening? Are you receiving some sort of error? Also, be sure to let me know all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using. It sounds like you're using the latest version of 1Password for Android, but it would be helpful if you could fill in the other blanks as well. Let me know the path listed to your vault in 1Password for Android sync settings.

As for the Mac, could you please clarify what you're seeing there? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of the sync preferences. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

We'll get this sorted out for you. Thanks in advance! :)

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

Hi. No problem breaking this into a separate conversation. I like the personalized attention!!

I have used 1Password for many years and haven't had any trouble syncing. Attached are screenshots identifying both the sync setting path as well as the frequency of backups.

The backup identifies 1563 items as being backed up, but there are only 904 items on my Android phone. I noticed it wasn't syncing about 30 days ago, but haven't had the time to deal with it until now. The only events I can think have that may have contributed to this is having upgraded to the software or having added a second vault to my account. On the phone, only my primary vault is available, not the synced vault with Charlotte. Not sure if that might be contributing to the issue.

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member
    edited August 2016

Just noticed that Charlotte's vault has a different path, which is likely why I don't see it.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

Hi @teriross, since @brenty is probably busy catching up from requests that came in over the weekend, I thought I'd chime in on a possible source of your problem. It appears you are trying to sync two vaults to Android using Dropbox. Unfortunately, 1Password for Android can only sync one vault at a time using Dropbox or the local WLAN sync.

If syncing multiple vaults is very important to you, the good news is that you can do that if you have a 1Password account subscription. The 1Password account subscriptions use a different syncing technology which was designed to support multiple vaults (among other features) right from the start. You can find more information on both individual and family subscriptions here:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

Also, this support article confirms Android can otherwise only support one vault:

https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

Hope that helps.

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

I am not concerned about syncing the second vault, I am concerned that my primary vault isn't syncing.

• Hey @teriross. Let's see why your Primary vault isn't syncing between your Mac and Android device. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your Mac:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android

---Mac---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

The link you have provided for the Mac diagnostics is for 1Password v 5 and I am using v 6. Please advise.

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

I ran the report anyway and both reports have been sent to support, referencing this page. Thank you.

• Thanks @teriross. We'll look into it and get back to you. :)
    ref: QYW-57652-852

This discussion has been closed.