Would like to keep the remaining length of my free trial…and move to Families~

Options
jfbmusic
jfbmusic
Community Member

Hi,
I recently signed up for a 1Password account and am loving it. As it stands:

"You have 165 days left on your free trial. Add your credit card before your trial ends to prevent your account from freezing."

Can I upgrade to a Families account and keep those remaining 165 days from the free trial?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @jfbmusic! Glad to hear you're loving 1Password. You can convert your account to a family and keep the promo you signed up with. It's a hidden bonus in there. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I don't understand: does this mean 165 free days of 1Password for Families?

Or keeping 165 free days Individual next to a paid Family account?

• Hi @XIII. The 6 months free promotion is available to new Individual accounts as part of its launch. 1Password Families had its own special promotion during its launch in February.

That said, if an Individual account upgrades to a Families account, any remaining credit does carry over.

• What is stopping folks from purposely signing up for a personal account and then immediately switching to a family account so they can get the 6 month trial.

The honor system. :)

Ben

• jfbmusic
    jfbmusic
    Community Member
    Options

@jacob, Thanks for the swift response, much appreciated! @Ben: best reply ever.

• best reply ever.

Thanks. ;) We believe in the honor system for a number of our sales practices. For protecting 1Password data? Not so much. :chuffed:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.