Family subscription combined with 1Password aplication on iOS and OS X applications

jmach_jim
jmach_jim
Community Member

Hello,

I am a bit lost in this 1Password universe. I would welcome guidance (maybe a link?) describing how it all works. I am not a newbie into cloud applications but maybe I am just thinking too much "in the box". So this is my story:

1. I installed 1Password to my iPad and used it for some time (few months).
  2. I have got advertisement for Family subscription and I set it up for free for 6 months (thats like month ago)
  3. I tried to download 1Password app for OS X (App store) but there was only paid version (USD 60). So I went to 1Password site and uploaded 1Password app for OS X from there.
  4. I went through some complicated process of recognising devices for my Family account (I am so far the only user) - iPad, Mac mini, iPhone, MacBook
  5. I am being regularly notified in OS X app for buying the application - does it mean that Family subscription does not cover the applications? Should I pay separately for Family subscription and separately for applications? If not why am I notified (bothered) to buy OS X application?
  6. My vaults are not fully synchronised. I have inserted my credit card details on OS X application like week ago - it never appeared on iOS applications.
  7. Sometimes when I enter login etc. on OS X application I have to manually run the synchronisation to see the item on other OS X device.

Do I do something wrong please?

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmach_jim,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

Everything sounds perfect right up until #5 there. (Though, I should mention that you only have the individual subscription plan right now. You can upgrade to a family plan by inviting someone else. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.) :)

I am being regularly notified in OS X app for buying the application - does it mean that Family subscription does not cover the applications? Should I pay separately for Family subscription and separately for applications? If not why am I notified (bothered) to buy OS X application?

If you are signed in to your 1Password.com account, you won't see a "trial expired" message. It sounds like you need to sign in to your account which will also keep your data in sync automatically:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-the-apps-and-import-your-data

Once you're signed in, it sounds like you may also need to follow the steps to move items from a local vault you created to the vault in your 1Password account.

If you get stuck on any part, let me know. I'm happy to provide more specific if I know where you are getting stuck. :)

• jmach_jim
    jmach_jim
    Community Member

Hello Khad,

thanks a lot for your advice. I really appreciate such a good customer support (and its for me a reason to buy the license). I have found that I was signed on all my devices to the account.

The problem was in synchronization - items on my iPad were in vault "Basic" (its some default vault I guess as I did not create it) whilst on my MacBook I synchronized vault called "Personal" (again a default vault). So items which I added on iPad did not appear on MacBook.

I still dont know how to synchronize them but as soon as I moved item from "Basic" vault into "Personal" on my iPad it also appeared on my MacBook. Maybe the synchronization of "Personal" vault is done automatically.

Last question - on my iPad under the menu item "Synchronize" I see only options for "Basic" vault synchronization - I have set it up for iCloud. What this is for? Should I turn off this synchronization as vault is now empty (I have moved all items into "Personal" vault)?

Thank you

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmach_jim

On behalf of Khad, you're very welcome! It sounds like the vault "Basic" was just stored locally (only on your iPad), so moving everything to Personal is exactly what you needed to do :chuffed: Personal will be on all your devices and you won't need to worry about syncing anymore!

I would recommend you to forget about the Basic Vault and stick to using Personal. iCloud sync is one of the ways we have to sync data if you're not using accounts, but if you do, sticking to the account will bring you the best results! You can leave it as it is if you want, or if you have moved everything away from Basic, you can delete the app and configure your account from scratch. This will only take a couple of minutes and you'll be left with 1Password working exclusively with accounts. Note that if you delete the account anything that's not on your account will be deleted and lost, so make sure you have everything in the right place before doing so!

Please let us know what you decide to try and if you have any questions or need help with anything else :chuffed:

• jmach_jim
    jmach_jim
    Community Member

Hello Pilar,

Thanks for your answer, again appreciated! I decided to leave it as it is because it works :)

Have a nice day

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmach_jim

You're very welcome! That's often my approach as well, "don't try to fix what isn't broken" ;) If you need help with anything else, we're always here for you. Have a great day too!

This discussion has been closed.