adding 1password to a windows 10 machine

I have a license for 1Password and I've been using it for a while on my Mac and iPhone. Recently the Mac died after years of worthy service. I bought a Lenovo Yoga laptop running Win10 as a partial replacement for the MBP and I tried to set up 1Password on it. Using my iPhone I switched my sync from iCloud to DropBox and I downloaded 1Password 4 and read some about that on the support page. At this point it seems I it is impossible to get 1Password 4 on my new PC to sync with the vault on DropBox. Can this be done?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox sync 1password 4

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jgdeanhoo: You can absolutely sync 1Password using Dropbox. Since you weren't specific about where you're running into trouble, I wanted to mention that the first thing you'll need to do on the PC is install Dropbox. That way it can sync your data over, and then you can simply open the vault in 1Password.

Is 1Password for iOS already syncing your vault to Dropbox? You can check this in 1Password Settings > Sync. There you'll also be able to find the path to the vault in Dropbox so you can open it on the PC (1Password File > Open 1Password Vault). Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• jgdeanhoo
    jgdeanhoo
    Community Member

I now have my vault syncing across my iPhone and windows 10 machine. I have 1Password 4 on the windows Win10 machine. It is running as a trial version now. I checked my licence and it is for Mac. I am looking at the AgileBits store and see that an upgrade for my license is available but it is unclear what the upgrade includes. What I want is to run 1Password on my Win10 machine and on a new Mac that I will be purchasing sometime soon, of course I want to achieve that with the least cost. Is there an upgrade to include Windows to a Mac License or do I have to purchase a separate Windows license? And will I be able to sync my vault across the Mac and Windows licenses?

• Hi @jgdeanhoo,

We're happy to hear that syncing your data to the Windows 10 PC worked well.

To get a license for 1Password for Windows at the best possible price, go to https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade and enter the license code for 1Password for Mac (it starts with 1PW3-) into the appropriate field. After clicking the Search button, you'll be shown the upgrade options.

Please note that you won't need a new license for 1Password for Mac for your new Mac. The one you have is valid for any and all Macs you own or control and the same will be true for your 1Password for Windows license.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Cheers,

Alex

• jgdeanhoo
    jgdeanhoo
    Community Member

Thanks Alex I'll try to set this up soon. And thanks to Brenty for his help earlier.

• Brenty's awesome! :)

We'll be standing by if you need any further assistance.

Cheers!

• jgdeanhoo
    jgdeanhoo
    Community Member

Ok so now I'm trying to find the license number. Where would this number be? I can't get at most of my files since my old Mac Book Pro is dead for moment and probably for good. Once I have another Mac I can restore files from an external HD using TimeMachine but is there another way to for me to find the license key?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jgdeanhoo: It's a little tricky with 1Password 6 since it uses a license file instead of a key. I'll send it via private message, so be sure to check for that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.