1Password.com: Trouble moving items between vaults

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Moving items between vaults through the web UI.

Comments

• KenJHen
    KenJHen
    Community Member
    Options

I'm finding that when trying to move an item between vaults via the web interface that the UI gets stuck on "Moving" and the app basically times out and I have to log back in again. The item is successfully moved but this make is VERY painful for trying to clean-up and move items... any thoughts? I'm using Chrome v52.0.X

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

@KenJHen: I hope you don't mind, but I've split this off into a separate discussion so we can focus on the issue you're having with the web interface.

I'm not seeing this myself, so I wonder if there's something different about your setup. For example, Chrome 53 was released over a week ago, so I wonder if the pending update is causing some odd behaviour for you. Make sure you update!

If you're still having trouble, can you tell me the exact OS and browser versions you're using, as well as the exact steps you're taking when this happens? We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

• KenJHen
    KenJHen
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @brenty. I noticed Chrome was updated when I checked version, so I'll try again later today. Also, this is with 1Password for Teams, if it matters.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KenJHen: Thank you for clarifying that you're using 1Password Teams! It may not matter, nut just in case it does I'll move this to that category instead to avoid confusion. Please let me know what you find! :)

• KenJHen
    KenJHen
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome is fully updated now. No change with trying to move an item from one vault to another... still "sticks" on the "Moving item..." pop up.

• KenJHen
    KenJHen
    Community Member
    Options

However, I just updated permissions on both Source vault and Target vault by granting ALL Permissions to the Administrators group (which I'm a member), and now it works... dun dun duh.... Hopefully this waste of time will be helpful for someone else in the future. :blush:

• Hi @KenJHen! It’s never a waste of time, I'm just glad to see that @brenty’s advice was able to help you get back on track. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any follow-up questions or thoughts, you can consider us on standby. :)

This discussion has been closed.