Can't login on Android app - "Invalid Login Information"

Options
ragulka
ragulka
Community Member

Hi there,

just installed the Android app and I cannot login no matter what. I've scanned the QR code and verified that the login address, email and account key match. I have also re-typed my password about a dozen times very carefully, but I keep getting the message "Invalid Login Information. We are unable to verify your credentials. Please make sure your sign-in address, email-address, account key and password are correct."

I confirmed that I am typing the correct password by trying to log in on web browser and on the Mac app, and there it works. It feels like there is something going on with the android app?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:android

Comments

• ragulka
    ragulka
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW, I tried changing my master password because I thought maybe this has to do with non-english characters in my password. Now the Mac app logged me out and when I try to log in I am getting the same error :(

• ragulka
    ragulka
    Community Member
    Options

Well I don't know what happened, but now it works on both Mac and Android ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Hey @ragulka. Thanks for getting in touch with us today! :)

At this point I can only speculate, but I believe the original problem you had logging in was indeed due to the non-US-ASCII characters in your Master Password, as we recommend not using special characters. That said, I'm glad to hear that everything is working properly for you now.

• ragulka
    ragulka
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @peri, I guess that was it!

• You're welcome, @ragulka. Let us know if you have any other problems in the future!

This discussion has been closed.