Suggestion - customized 1Password unlock screen color

marcinz
marcinz
Community Member

I love 1Password. One thing that sometimes confuses me, is that the unlock screen, especially when I bring it up using the keyboard shortcut, looks very much like any other system menu.

It happened to me a few times that I almost typed 1Password password to a wrong window, just because it looked like YAGB (yet another gray box :)).

If 1Password allowed me to customize the popup unlock window color to something more distinctive, I'm sure my brain wouldn't make mistakes like that :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:color

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marcinz

Thank you for taking some time to come by and telling us what you'd like to see in 1Password. The color we use on the locked screen of 1Password is designed to make it resemble or remind you a literal closed safety box. Those are almost always a shade of grey or in general metallic :chuffed: Anyway, your idea of having customisable colours is interesting. I cant tell if 't it's something we'll do at some time in the future, but we'll keep your idea in mind! :chuffed:

• marcinz
    marcinz
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply!

I now understand. But hey, if it's supposed to remind me of my safety box - my "real" safety box is black! :)
    In either case - skeuomorphism seems to be a bit passe these days :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We may change it to something more "abstract" in the future. Something to consider. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.