1Password 6 no longer fills in password

Our shopping cart website is ww5.aitsafe.com. The password to access the site itself works, however, the password to access our customer's credit card info no longer is being filled in. I tried deleting and redoing the info in 1Password, but nothing works.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.32
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:aitsafe problem

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@hsu1:

When you say:

I tried deleting and redoing the info in 1Password, but nothing works

I'm unclear whether you followed the exact procedure in this knowledge base article because the usual solution for problems like this is to re-create and save the login manually. Have you tried that?

Stephen

• hsu1
    hsu1
    Community Member

I did now follow that procedure and still the fill-in does not work.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hsu1,

I've moved your message to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" forum. I hope you don't mind!

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you're trying to fill and/or where you're trying to fill it. In your original description, it sounds like you have a Login item for that site which works to fill the sign-in form there. Can you elaborate on what sort of form you're trying to fill out after you've already logged into your account on that site? If you're trying to fill credit card details, you'll need to create a Credit Card item in 1Password, and then choose that item when you see the credit card form on the site.

I think I might be misunderstanding what you mean, though. If you go into more detail about what you're trying to do and how you're trying to do it, we should have a better idea of how to help. Thanks!

• hsu1
    hsu1
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. Here's the login window. Fill-in worked for the last couple of years and stopped last week.

• @hsu1 Thanks for the screenshot. Did it happen to stop filling correctly after you updated 1Password? Or did something on the site change?

• hsu1
    hsu1
    Community Member

Nothing on the site changed but I am not certain that I upgraded 1Password on the same day. If an upgrade is responsible for it, what are my options. I have had no problems with any other login.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

@hsu1: I guess I'm still not clear about exactly what's going on here. From your brief description, I wonder if perhaps you're trying to use the same login item to both "access the site" and also "customer's credit card info". Have you tried saving a separate login for each?

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the browser and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, if we're going to improve things, we really need to be able to test it ourselves, so the URL (or a saved web page) of the form you're having trouble with will likely be crucial. Otherwise we're just guessing. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.