Emergency Kit

Options
Alex161
Alex161
Community Member
edited June 2016 in Business and Teams

I purchased a licence in 2014 but have only just learned about the emergency kit as a backup 'just in case'. I would like to have this but seem to be rather thick and cannot seem to get in to find this. Would it be available to me and if so, How do I obtain this please. As far as I know, I am not in a team and dont know if I should be? I use Windows 7 as well as Apple iPad with the latest iOS

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alex161 I apologize for the confusion. You can only create an Emergency Kit if you have signed up for 1Password Families or 1Password Teams; it's not something available to most 1Password users. This is helpful because you need to remember quite a bit more information -- domain, email, and Account Key -- than the lone Master Password you have to remember if you're using 1Password without an account. :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It was not so clear on the information I was reading and would possibly be more helpful if that were stated at the start of discussing Emergency Kits. I wont bother then, but appreciate your help. Malcolm

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! We'll keep that in mind as we're writing about the Emergency Kit in the future.

• fccjr
    fccjr
    Community Member
    Options

So for someone with a license we should just print out our 1Password password and put that in a safe deposit box etc with some instructions.

• Hello @fccjr, yes, that is one way to do it. Once you have your Master Password committed to memory (you’ll need to enter it frequently to unlock 1Password) you likely don’t need a record of it at all and can just keep it stored the old fashioned way in your brain, but as an added precaution transcribing it onto an unmarked piece of paper (with no reference to 1Password) and stored that somewhere safe like a literal safe, lockbox or as you mentioned, a safety deposit box isn’t a bad idea either. :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

I made sure that my family know the password. I trust them and have nothing to hide from them. Just in case I don't make it back home one day.
    Malcolm

• That's a good way of doing things. I have my parents Master Password just in case, stored in my Personal family vault.

This discussion has been closed.