Migrating Data from Laptop to new online 1Password account

jarceo
jarceo
Community Member

I am a single user who purchased 1Password license about two months ago. I requested help for migrating data from my current laptop to a new laptop that I expect to purchase in the near future. Also, I subscribed to the online 1Password word account and would like help transferring data to online vault. The video tutorial link I received involved transferring data from laptop to online account via "Teams." I tried to improvise but could not figure it out. I would like to copy the vault data to my online vault asap just in case my old laptop crashes. Can you assist? Thanks in advance. juls

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:migrating data

Comments

• Hey @jarceo! I'd be happy to help you get stuff moved over to the subscription account. :) What happened when you tried our migration guide last time? I checked your account and I see you haven't signed in from an app yet, which is the first step in migration your data.

Also, I noticed you purchased a license in July. If you would like to use a subscription, I can refund you for that license since you don't need both to use 1Password. I'd recommend learning about the difference between a 1Password subscription and a standalone license to clear things up here. Let me know how that goes!

• jarceo
    jarceo
    Community Member

Jacob,
    Thanks for the info. I initially purchased the license not realizing - or remembering for that matter - a subscription option was available. I would prefer the subscription plan instead and would like to take you up on your offer of the refund. The standalone license seems to be limited without a third party service. I haven't signed in with my 1Password app because apparently, when I tried to my Samsung Galaxy 3, it said the current version was not supported. I will upgrade my phone soon. Please let me know if I need to do anything else.

Juls

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jarceo: No problem! I've processed the refund, and you should see it reflected in your account in a matter of days, depending on your bank. Just keep an eye out for that!

Next, it looks like you've already signed up for your 1Password Account, but be sure to let us know if you have any questions about getting things setup.

I don't know offhand which OS the Galaxy 3 supports, but I'm betting it's a rather old one. While 1Password for Android will run on v4.1, but v5 is required for support for 1Password Accounts due to encryption support.

But the good news is that pretty much any current Android phone you upgrade to should (hopefully) have v6 — but you may want to hold out a bit for v7, which came out recently, if you can. I'm personally hoping Google releases something shiny and new soon! ;)

• jarceo
    jarceo
    Community Member

Brenty, thanks for your help! I will be looking into the upgrade soon and will be holding out for v7. Have a nice day!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! Sounds good! Just to clarify, I meant Android v7, not 1Password v7. I think you knew that, but re-reading this I can see how it could be misinterpreted. No 1Password v7 to announce yet. Cheers! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.