Tap Settings > Advanced > “Export primary vault”. is not available on my Ipad and Android phone.

wibra1953
wibra1953
Community Member

Tap Settings > Advanced > “Export primary vault”. is not available on my Ipad and Android phone. How can I export my data to an 1pif file.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Tap Settings > Advanced > “Export primary vault”. is not available on my Ipad and Android phone. How can I export my data to an 1pif file.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wibra1953: Sorry for the confusion! This option is not available in 1Password for iOS, and, as indicated in the name, this is only available for the Primary vault in 1Password for Android as a backup function. It sounds like maybe you don't have a Primary vault. Perhaps you're using a 1Password Account instead. Is that the case? You can, however, easily export data using 1Password for Mac. Be sure to let us know the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using. Thanks in advance!

• wibra1953
    wibra1953
    Community Member

I use an Ipad and an Android Oneplus 3 phone.
    Android version 6.0.1 OxygenOs 3.2.4 So the latest versions.
    I don't have a Mac and no PC installed 1Password. Only the Ipad and the Android Phone.
    I want export my data but I don't have the options as mentioned.
    I have my passwords in 3 categorys saved. No maps.
    I sync with Dropbox.

• wibra1953
    wibra1953
    Community Member

Oh, I use 1Password voor Android versioen 6.4
    Ipad version 6.4.4 (644000)

• Hi @wibra1953. If your syncing with Dropbox and your vault is in Agile Keychain format, then that is why you're not able to export your vault. The export basically creates .opvault folder in your device's local storage, so your data will either need to be unsynced, syncing using a WLAN server, or already in OPVault format. 1Password can't create this backup from a vault that's already in .agilekeychain format.

That said, if you're syncing with Dropbox, then the export isn't necessary, as you already have the relevant folder saved in your Dropbox account. :)

Let us know if you need anything else!

• wibra1953
    wibra1953
    Community Member

I don't want to move my data to another device. I want my data in plain text. So in an .txt of 1pif file. So i can open it in Excel or Word or whatever.
    The folder .opvault is not in my dropbox account.
    The only path in my dropbox is: \apps\1password\1Password.agilekeychain\data\default
    There is no other subfolder. In the default folder are all the .1password files located.
    In the mainfolder of dropbox there is one file, named: .ws.agile.1Password.settings

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wibra1953: I'm sorry for the confusion! As I mentioned above, 1Password for Android does not have an export function like what you're looking for, which is why I suggested doing this with 1Password for Mac. Perhaps a friend can help you with this. Since you already have your data in Dropbox, that's much simpler though!

It's not a problem that you're not using OPVault, as an AgileKeychain vault will work too. (Dropbox)\apps\1password\1Password.agilekeychain is the path to your vault (and \data\default are its subfolders with the actual data — the .1password files). Just open the agilekeychain using 1Password for Mac (you can use the free trial if you don't have a license) and export to .1PIF or .CSV based on your preference.

This discussion has been closed.