To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Transfer 1Password Vault From Mac To PC

Skyyan
Skyyan
Community Member

I currently have 1Password installed and running on my Macbook, and would like to also have access to my passwords from my desktop PC.

This is what I see when trying to start up 1Password on my PC:

This leads me to believe that I need some form of vault file from my Mac to copy to my PC, but I am unable to locate said file. I've seen numerous questions on these boards answered by using the "Sync" tab in the Preferences menu from the Mac version of 1Password, however I have no such tab available to me (another post I saw said this tab disappears when you are signed into an account?). I've also seen other stuff about dropbox syncing, but I am currently having other (unrelated) problems with dropbox on my Mac, and would like another solution.

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Skyyan
    Skyyan
    Community Member

Sorry I left out a bit of information, the version info above is for my Mac. My PC is running Windows 10 and 1Password4 (which was the default download for me on the downloads page).

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

Hi @Skyyan

I'm sorry if there's been some confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. I can see that you have a 1Password Account, so I'm going to move your post to our Accounts categories, I hope you don't mind. :chuffed:

In order to use your 1Password Account with your Windows machine you need to run our latest 1Password 6 Beta, instead of 1Password 4. You can get on the link above.

When you get 1Password 6 Beta for Windows you'll be able to add your account and all your data will be synced automatically.

Please let us know how this goes for you, and if you bump into any trouble while getting this set up, we're always here for you :chuffed:

• Skyyan
    Skyyan
    Community Member

Great, this worked. Thanks for the help.

• On behalf of Pilar you are most welcome, @Skyyan. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.