1Password 6 Move Directory (Family Account)

rosem
rosem
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to change the directory of my 1Password 6 Vault from my local C Drive to Dropbox.
I've tried uninstalling, and removing my App Data using the following:-
1Password 6
Select the Start button, copy and paste the following into the search box, and press Enter:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local

Reason being I would like to use my 1Password account across multiple laptops, and therefore set up a new vault in Dropbox so I can use the Chrome extension at work too.

It seems impossible to change vaults, or wipe my data in the 1Password 6 program despite multiple uninstall. I've then installed 1Password 4 but it's reading some data somewhere from 1Password 6 so the problem remains of ghost data.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rosem

I'm sorry you're finding some trouble with 1Password. If you have a 1Password account you don't need to set up syncing with Dropbox, nor your data is stored locally. The reason why it feels like you can't wipe your data from 1Password 6 is because it's not stored on your computer but on our servers. If you want to add your account on some other computer you just need to download 1Password 6 and add your account following the steps here.

If you have any questions, please let us know and we'll help you sort it all out :chuffed:

• rosem
    rosem
    Community Member

Hi Pilar, thanks for your help.
    I was reading the online documentation and got confused with differences between 4 & 6. But thanks, all sorted and working :)

• On behalf of Pilar, you're welcome. :) Glad things are clear now.

This discussion has been closed.