Update Install Error

Options

I have a late 2015 Macbook with OS X 10.11.6 and 1Password version 3.8.21. I keep getting an "an error occurred while extracting the archive" when attempting to update to v 3.8.22. Please advise.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: 3.9.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:new version update failure

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @apatrick,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble installing the 3.8.22 update! Since you're having difficulty with 1Password 3 for Mac, I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum. I hope you don't mind!

If you're getting the error when trying to install the update from within the 1Password 3 app, you can instead download 3.8.22 from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site. Unzip the downloaded file (if necessary) and move it to the Applications folder, replacing the older version there.

Since you're using Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), it would actually be better to upgrade to 1Password 6 for Mac, and I noticed you've emailed us about that. Someone will reply to that message as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Hopefully we'll be able to get that all sorted out for you quickly! :)

ref: AEB-71861-447

This discussion has been closed.