Request: NFC (YubiKey) static passwords

HLILLI
HLILLI
Community Member

I'm considering getting a YubiKey and using its static password function with 1password for OS X and Android. I noticed the YubiKey NEO allows a user to deliver this string over NFC to a phone. Would it be easy/plausible/feasible to read NFC data into the password field, so that I don't have to memorise (or inadvertently memorise) this password for my phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @HLILLI. :)

This is an interesting idea indeed. We've historically disabled pasting into the Master Password field in order to avoid using the clipboard, which has made it difficult for people using YubiKey passwords. NFC integration is an interesting idea, and I'll forward this along to the team. :)

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• PillemannDole
    PillemannDole
    Community Member

Hi,

i am still hoping, that it will be possible in near future to use the static password with the YubiKey Neo. Maybe an enty in settings, where it would be possible to use the clipboard might be very helpful. With this option i could use my YubiKey Neo on Windows, Mac OSX and on Android. Typing a very long password on Android ist such a pain, beside in remember a password with more than 15 digits ...

A solution would be such a great help.

Greetings Thomas

• Thanks for adding your :+1: for this feature, @PillemannDole. I can't say if or when we might be able to support this, but I'll definitely pass your interest along to the team. :) ref: OPA-447

• senkapi
    senkapi
    Community Member

This is a great idea!

• @senkapi I'll pass your feedback along as well. In the meantime, :)

This discussion has been closed.