Getting at credit card info while in the 1P browser

millifoo
millifoo
Community Member

How can I leave the 1P browser, grab some info in another 1P record (e.g. a credit card number), and then head back to the 1P browser at the exact page I left off at?

Scenario:

In the 1Password Browser window, I (successfully) log into my favorite online store with the username/password auto-entered by 1P. Yay!

I shop, add items to my cart, finally start the checkout process, where I enter my name and address. Now it's time for a credit card...

Uhhh.... bummer, I can't seem to find a way for 1P to get at that while in the browser. :-( But ok... I hit the back button thereby leaving the browser, pull up my credit card record, and copy the credit card number into the clipboard. I then go back to the store item in 1P, click on the URL, I'm back in the browser, but wait, I'm once again at the top level of the website. I again traverse to the checkout page, which is now blank! Ok, I type in my address again, now paste in the CC number.

But... oops... I forgot to note the expire date and CVV code while I was looking at my CC entry. Drat.

I leave the browser again to dig those up: back over to the credit card record, copy the CVV into the clipboard and memorize the expire date, and...

UGH! When I get back to the browser and traverse to the checkout page, the CC # has been wiped out. And it's no longer in the clipboard since the CVV is now in there.

Help!

Comments

• Thanks for getting in touch with us @millifoo.

1Password only shows one screen at a time, and it's not possible to keep multiple tabs open within 1Password, so in order to get from the 1Browser to your Categories, you will need to back out of 1Browser. I'll let the team know you'd like the ability to switch back and forth from the 1Browser to your items.

That said, you're welcome to use Chrome or another third-party browser if you like. That way, you could switch between your browser and 1Password without losing any progress. Also, you can use our custom keyboard for filling in your Login information into Chrome and other apps, so that you don't have to copy and paste login credentials.

Let us know if you have more questions or problems! Thanks!

• mdmangus
    mdmangus
    Community Member

@peri,

Actually we shouldn't even have to try to flip back and forth. It would be nice if 1Password allowed access to more than just the logins when inside the app or website so we could select Identities or Credit Cards to just auto-fill just like I can on my Mac Desktop.

Is there any plans for that or will it always be limited to just auto-fill login credentials only?

• Indeed, @mdmangus, that would be an awesome feature. :) We have received a few requests for this and we have an open issue regarding filling other non-Login items. I'll go ahead and add your vote.
    ref: OPA-537

Let us know if you have more questions!

• johnny808
    johnny808
    Community Member

That's right. Non-Login items filling is available on Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS. For some reason, it's only on Android that it's not available, it's not even possible in 1Password's own browser.

Android must have the APIs for that by now.

• Right, @johnny808. You can fill other items on other platforms. However, we don't currently have this functionality on Android. I'll definitely let the team know this is important to you, though!

This discussion has been closed.