1Password subscription account = no Launchbar integration?

Options
JRok77
JRok77
Community Member
edited September 2016 in Mac

So I've enabled 3rd party integration to get Launchbar functionality but I keep getting that error message ("Integration with 3rd party apps is disabled in 1Password") and the 1Password Bookmarks index in Launchbar is not populating.

Is this because I've got the subscription account and not the standalone license/app resulting in no "Primary" vault? And is there a workaround for this?

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: OSX 10.10.5
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slacker074,

Thanks for writing in to ask us about this! I'm sorry you're having trouble getting 1Password and Launchbar to work together.

As you suspected, the reason this isn't working is because the "3rd party app integrations" feature in 1Password does not yet work with vaults that are part of a 1Password subscription account. Currently, that feature only works with the Primary vault, which isn't part of an account (we refer to it as a local/standalone vault). I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! Our developers are looking into updating the "3rd party app integrations" feature so it works with 1Password account vaults, although I don't have a timeframe for that.

In the meantime, if integration with Launchbar is vital to your workflow, we can help you create a new Primary vault so you can move items there - but keep in mind the Primary vault is a local/standalone vault, so any items in it will not sync with your 1Password account. We'll be happy to explain it if you're interested though, so just let us know. :)

• JRok77
    JRok77
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Drew_AG,

I'll just wait for wait for that feature to be implemented, whenever that might be. Thanks for replying.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome! If you have more questions or need anything else, we're here for you. :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    Options

Thats really bad. :( Please add this soon!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Philipp

I'm sorry this is a bit of a problem for you, I hope this feature comes to 1Password accounts soon :chuffed:

• mkalina
    mkalina
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to this feature...

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for your input @mkalina :chuffed:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi everyone!

Opening 1Password mini using the Show 1Password mini keyboard shortcut (⌥⌘\ default) and selecting a Login item is essentially the same open and fill mechanism as using 3rd party integration with LaunchBar, Alfred, etc. Here's an example:

• Press ⌥⌘\
    • Enter search text
    • Press down-arrow to navigate to desired item (if multiple items are listed)
    • Press enter to select item (for opening browser tab and filling)

This works for items in any vaults you can access from 1Password mini, including those in 1Password accounts.

I hope that's helpful while awaiting 3rd party integration support for non-Primary vaults, and maybe beyond. :)

[also posted here and here]

This discussion has been closed.